Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Time to Shop: WHOLE 30 Week ONE Grocery List


So, this is MY grocery list for week one. Yours may differ a little, but I figured this would definitely give you a starting point.

I have included almost everything, but you may need to double check since I didn't add in spices and "normal" kitchen staples that I know I already have on hand. If you notice that I missed something big, feel free to let me know. This list is for my family of 5. I try to add a little to each recipe so we have leftovers. Nearly everything I cook freezes well.

 I understand that many people have a hard time finding great organic produce, but I highly recommend buying organic when you can. If nothing else, focus on buying organic especially with things on the "dirty dozen" list found here.

Produce
8 sweet potaotoes
large tub baby spinach
large tub (or 2 bunches) of your favorite salad greens
2 heads of cauliflower 
4 bulbs (not cloves) of garlic
2 heads of broccoli
5 onions of your choice (I like vidalia or yellow)
plums (for that occasional snack, if needed)
strawberries
 blueberries
2 avocados
3 limes (I put them in my drinking water)
2 lemons 
6 zucchini
2 bunches of fresh basil
6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 bunch parsley, if using. (I don't dig parsley so I don't use it, but will include it in the recipes that call for it anyway.)
2 red bell peppers
2 green bell peppers
handful of baby bella mushrooms
1 granny smith apple
1 package of grape tomatoes
2 cucumbers
2 carrots
1 bunch of celery 
7 large tomatoes
1 spaghetti squash
2 bunches of kale

Protein
2 lb. bacon (we use Applegate Farms and Target usually carries it)
1.5 lb. top round steak (for roast)
2 lb. ground turkey
9 lb. grass fed ground beef 
8 chicken breasts
1.5 lb. wild caught mahi mahi or other mild fish

Frozen
3 16oz. bags frozen spinach

Dry Goods
 coconut shreds (the large ones, not the itty bitty shredded coconut)
 raw hazlenuts 
raw cashews
raw macadamias
3 cans black or green olives
3 6oz. cans tomato paste (buy it in a box if you can find it)
2 cans (or one large box) beef broth-be sure to check your labels! most beef brother has msg and other added junk
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
oilve oil
coconut oil (I buy 2 tubs of this at a time)
herbs and seasonings 
liquid aminos 
(I found mine at Whole Foods, but you can also get some on Amazon)
apple cider vinegar

Refrigerated Food
Grass-fed Ghee Mine looks like this, but I buy it from Whole Foods

Try to keep in mind that I don't always use exact measurements. I'm extremely comfortable in the kitchen, and I often make the same "recipe" more than once, but because I use slight measurement variations it may taste different each time. My spaghetti NEVER tastes the same, and my husbands trumps mine any day. If you're lucky, you'll get his version. Haha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment