Monday, December 30, 2013

Whole30: Week ONE Meal Plan

On January 2, 2014, my husband and I are starting the Whole30. This will be round two for us. We completed the Whole30 last August for the first time. We had incredible results. I lost 15 pounds, and he lost 25...brat! We also started the Focus T25 workout program at the same time. We couldn't believe how good we felt, and how well we actually stuck to it. Our workouts were easier, we slept better, and we all-around felt better. We thought we would stick to a more strict diet from that point forward, and then the holidays hit. Boy, did they hit HARD! So, in 2014, we are committing to doing the Whole30 every other month. Yikes! On the months in between, I suspect we will indulge a little, but I want to stay as Paleo as possible with my diet. There's just no sense in working your butt off just to feed your body junk. I need good fuel to work my best, and so do you!

We will be needing all the proper nutrition we can get. We will also be starting a P90X3 Challenge Group. If you would like to join us, visit my Official Beachbody Website. Grab a P90X3 Challenge Pack and let me know you did so I can add you to my ongoing Challenge Group!

I make my meal plans ahead of time, and I do LOADS of research when creating them. I use some amazing cookbooks by Sarah Fragoso. One is Everyday Paleo and the other is the family version. I also use Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan. All thanks to my great friend, Shellie who suggested them to me a while back. Finally, there's Pinterest. We have this love-hate relationship. I can spend hours on that darn website, but I've found some incredible recipes. I have a Whole30 board here. Keep in mind that not ALL recipes will be Whole30 compliant, you just have to be sure to make them that way yourself. I will be posting my daily food menu in hopes that you might be able to find some new, interesting, and super healthy meals to put on your table. I will post pictures and recipes of each meal the day of. Just for now, I will post the plan for week one. It goes like this...

Day 1
Breakfast: Eggs and bacon with sauteed Spinach
Lunch: Sweet potato egg salad in lettuce wraps
Dinner: Rosemary Pot Roast and cauliflower "butter" rice

Day 2
Breakfast: Berries, nuts and coconut shreds with a little coconut milk
Lunch: Scotch Eggs and Salad
Dinner: Turkey pesto meatballs with zucchini noodles

Day 3
Breakfast: Bacon wrapped breakfast cups, kale chips
Lunch: Leftover turkey pesto meatballs
Dinner: Chocolate chili (seriously DELISH!) and salad

Day 4
Breakfast: Sweet potato hash with eggs
Lunch: Meat and spinach muffins
Dinner: Chicken fajitas

Day 5
Breakfast: Ground pork apple sliders with fried eggs and sauteed kale
Lunch: Simple grilled chicken breasts with Greek broccoli
Dinner:  Paleo Shepherds Pie and Roni's creamy cucumbers

Day 6
Breakfast: Sweet and Savory Quiche
Lunch: Jen's Chicken salad
Dinner: Paleo Spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash

Day 7
We ended up having leftovers today for all three meals because we had so much in the fridge and I had to go grocery shopping for week 2. We will be incorporating more leftovers next week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment